Plastic Tanks & CNC Routing
April 20th, 2016
Plastic Welding & Fabrication, Ltd. (PWF) began like most other small businesses, in a garage. Our Founder and Owner, Shaun Shoemake made repairs to plastic products and built small projects (As big as he could at the time). Eventually, a particular customer put their faith in us to build an entire hot-dip galvanizing plant, Since then, we have out-grown 2 buildings and occupy 2 large buildings just outside of Austin, Texas. In his days spent in the shop and field, Shaun combined his already vast knowledge of the industry with his notes taken during repairs of the competitions’ tanks and has been aiming to build the superior process tank on the market.
- All designs and welds are in accordance to the international plastic bonding and welding guidelines of the D.V.S. (German Welding System). Several years ago, the D.V.S. was translated into English and adopted by the A.W.S. (American Welding Society).
- All Tanks vertical corners and all butt welds are produced by our thermal corner and butt fusion welding machine with produces 100% strength welds of the parent materials. PWF has one of the newest Butt/Corner fusion welders in the United States for the best possible welds.
- All Encapsulations are thermally bent on our Fusion bender machine, which produces 100% strength welds of parent materials.
- All encapsulation corners are fusion welded on our plate welder for the strongest corner possible.
What’s Included on a Freestanding Tank?
- Tube-steel, sized for your specific tank, then fully encapsulated in 3/8″ Copolymer Polypropylene (CPP).
- Lift points, Four (4) which are located on the top rim flange.
- If required, doublers will be added for additional support from the base to the side-wall and wall to wall.
- Most tanks are built using 1-1/2″ CPP Natural, CPP has ten (10) times the impact resistance of Homo-Polymer Polypropylene. CPP easily handles operating temperatures up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Additionally, CPP is chemically inert to most chemicals to include hydro-choleric acid, sulfuric acid, caustic rinse, and zinc-ammonium chloride (Pre-Flux).
- Additional options include walkway supports and toe kick plates, sand-blasting and coal tar epoxy coating of the tube-steel before encapsulation, end perforated protective panels for your heater, & More.
Buda, Texas 78610
2457 S. Loop 4 Bldg #4
Buda, TX 78610
All flanges are custom made and vary in sizes from 1″ all the way to 24″. If you don’t see what you need below, you can send us a drawing to provide a price quote. These fittings are 150# rated and are mainly constructed of PVC.
Interested in reaching out to us? give us a call at +1 (512) 295-6412 to speak with a representative or just initiate a chat on our website!